The release of the Samsung Galaxy S24 is still far away but the excitement surrounding Samsung’s Galaxy S24 series is building. Previously the design of the Samsung Galaxy S24 was recently leaked and now the recent Geekbench listing for the Galaxy S24+ stirred up speculation about its chipset. Codenamed “pineapple,” it’s suspected to be none other than the highly anticipated Snapdragon 8 Gen 3. In this article, we’ll delve into the details of this intriguing revelation, along with battery capacities and potential processor variations within the Galaxy S24 lineup.
Geekbench Listing Highlights:
The Geekbench listing for the Galaxy S24+ has tech enthusiasts buzzing with anticipation. Here are the key takeaways:
- The ‘Pineapple’ Chipset: The spotlight is on the chipset codenamed “pineapple,”. It is widely believed to be the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3. This next-gen processor promises top-tier performance and advanced features.
- CPU Configuration: The listing reports an impressive CPU configuration, including a prime core clocked at 3.3GHz, 3x cores at 3.15GHz, 2x cores at 2.96GHz, and 2x cores at 2.27GHz, indicating a powerful and versatile setup.
- GPU Powerhouse: An Adreno 750 GPU is confirmed, ensuring stellar graphics performance for demanding tasks and gaming.
- Benchmark Scores: The Galaxy S24+ managed to score 2,233 points in single-core performance and an impressive 6,661 points in multi-core performance, setting high expectations for its overall capabilities.
- Android 14 and 8GB RAM: The device runs on the latest Android 14, delivering the latest software features. It’s also equipped with 8GB of RAM for smooth multitasking.
Battery Capacities Revealed:
In additional news, the battery capacities for the Galaxy S24+ and its sibling, the S24 Ultra, have emerged via TUV certification:
- Galaxy S24+: This device is listed with a 4,755mAh rated battery capacity, bearing the identifier EB-BS926ABY.
- Galaxy S24 Ultra: The S24 Ultra features a slightly larger 4,855mAh rated battery with the same EB-BS926ABY model number.
Processor Variations in the Galaxy S24 Lineup:
There have been intriguing reports about potential processor variations within the Galaxy S24 series. Previously, it was believed that the European market would see the Galaxy S24 lineup equipped with the Exynos 2400 SoC. However, a new leak from Weibo user Instant Digital suggests a different scenario:
- Galaxy S24 Ultra: The top-of-the-line model is expected to feature the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 SoC in all markets, challenging previous expectations.
- Galaxy S24 and S24+: These models could potentially launch with the Exynos 2400 SoC under the hood in select markets, presenting a diverse range of processor choices for consumers.
Additionally, the Exynos 2400 SoC is said to offer impressive core configurations, promising robust performance.
Click here for the Geekbench Score rankings of Android Smartphones.
Display and Storage Details:
Rumor suggests that the Galaxy S24+ will sport a WQHD+ screen with a 3120×1440 resolution. It will boast a peak brightness of 2,500 nits. Additionally, the Galaxy S24 Ultra’s storage options have been leaked, with potential inbuilt storage of up to 2TB. It is expected to be available in 12GB + 256GB and 8GB + 128GB RAM and storage configurations.
In conclusion, the Galaxy S24 series is shaping up to be a powerhouse lineup, with exciting chipset revelations, battery capacities, and processor variations. As we eagerly await further details and the official launch, Samsung enthusiasts have much to look forward to in 2024. So stay tuned for more updates on this highly anticipated smartphone series.