Samsung has unveiled the One UI 6 beta program, granting select Galaxy device users the opportunity to explore the latest iteration of its custom software, based on Android 14. One UI 6 presents an array of new features and enhancements for Galaxy devices, including a revamped quick panel, expanded customization options, extended dark mode support, and more.
Key Features of One UI 6
One UI 6 is engineered to deliver a more instinctive, personalized, and fluid user experience. Noteworthy features of One UI 6 include:
- A redesigned quick panel layout for convenient access to frequently used functions. Dedicated buttons now feature Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at the top of the screen, while the bottom houses the relocated visual elements like Dark mode and Eye Comfort Shield. Users can further customize the placement of other quick settings buttons in a designated area.
- An innovative swipe gesture allows users to instantly access the complete quick panel by swiping once from the right side at the top of the screen. Notifications can be accessed by swiping down from the left side.
- Easy access to brightness control with a single downward swipe from the top of the screen, where the brightness control bar now defaults to display within the compact quick panel.
- Enhanced options for altering onscreen fonts and general layout, permitting users to tailor their device experience according to their preferences.
- The ability to enforce dark mode for apps that lack native support, promoting battery conservation and reducing eye strain.
- Introduction of fresh widgets, including a weather insights widget providing weather forecasts and a camera widget for accessing preset camera modes.
Which Devices Will Receive One UI 6?
The One UI 6 beta is currently available for select Galaxy models such as the Galaxy S23 series, the Galaxy A54 5G, and the Galaxy A34 5G. The rollout is expected to expand to more devices in Q4 2023. To ascertain eligibility for the beta program, users can download the Samsung Members app from the Galaxy Store or Google Play and register for the One UI Beta Program.
Furthermore, Samsung has committed to delivering four years of security updates and three years of OS updates for its Galaxy devices, ensuring that users can benefit from the latest features and security enhancements over an extended period.
One UI 6 represents Samsung’s ongoing dedication to delivering a seamless and user-centric experience for Galaxy device users. Those interested in exploring One UI 6 can sign up for the beta program to provide feedback to Samsung. Alternatively, they can await the stable release of One UI 6, expected to launch later this year.
The following Samsung devices are likely to receive the One UI 6 update based on Android 14:
- Galaxy S23 series: Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22 series: Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 series: Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, Galaxy S21 Ultra, and Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy Z series: Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Z Flip 5, Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy Z Fold 3, and Galaxy Z Flip 3
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A73, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A54, Galaxy A53, Galaxy A52 (A52 5G, A52s), Galaxy A34, Galaxy A33, Galaxy A24, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A14, and Galaxy A13
- Galaxy M series: Galaxy M54, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M23, and Galaxy M14
- Galaxy F series: Galaxy F54, Galaxy F23, and Galaxy F14 5G
- Galaxy Xcover series: Galaxy Xcover 6 Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra, Galaxy Tab S9 Plus, Galaxy Tab S9, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, Galaxy Tab S8 Plus, and Galaxy Tab S8